Sunday, March 22, 2009

Inspirations...

So, I decided last week to re-do my blog yet again. This time is was because I forgot my password since it has been so long time since I updated it. I also have been looking for info on how to do my own background and banners to spice it up/Heather-ize on my blog and finaaly got some sinsight from the blog shown in the upper left hand corner of my blog. YIPEE!! I am going to spend a little time re-adding all of my blog links and web links, but in the meantime I thought I would add a first post...

This week I ran into several things that have inspired me in different ways....

1.) The first occured in my Leadership Communication class at ASU. For those of you who don't already know, this has got to be the BEST class I have ever taken in my life. It is centered around Steven Covey's book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and has really helped me manage my work life and personal life as well.

This week Dr. Palazzolo (ASU) introduced us to a quote. When he showed it to us, he said write it down, put it somewhere you can see it everyday, and never forget it. I was prepared for some thing profound simply because of the lead in but I was completely surprised at how this quote touched several different cords within my life. What's the quote you ask?

"You can't talk yourself out of something you behaved you way into."

Profound huh? It really made me think, so I thought I would share. I am hoping that remembering this quote will help me re-think my actions on things that might be questionable in the future.

2.) The second point of inspiration came for me after my Wednesday night class (Leadership Communications) on my way home. I was in the car listening to the country station, which in all honesty, I rarely do anymore but alot of that has to do with my favorite local station firing my favorite morning personality for a couple of goofs I think are pointless to even listen to. ANYWHO...I was listening to country and a song came on that I just fell in love with instantly! I thought it was new for Sugarland, but aparently it's on the most recent album which has been out for quite some time. The song It Happens is fantastic. I have attached a clip from YouTube with the song a lyrics so you can get the full effect and understand the words which come and go pretty quickly...




3.) I'm a huge fan of American Idol and and even bigger follower of Carrie Underwood, who as you probably know had her start on the show. I was watching (with the help of my new DVR) last this weeks results show after hearing all the talk on the radio on Thursday, the live performance of I Told You So with Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis and was completely in awe. I have always loved this song and when I bought Carrie's album, Carnival Ride, I instantly fell in love with her version of the song. Here is the video from the show...



Well that's this weeks inspirations. Come on back for more fun stuff when you can and if you would like to have your blog or website linked on mine, let me know. I'd love to share your thoughts and lives with others! Have a great week....

No comments:

Post a Comment